Do you know phone numbers by heart? (cell phone users)

I've had a cell phone for years now. Whenever I call someone I just scroll down to their name in my phone book, and press call. I don't DIAL anymore. In all honesty I do not know my own dad's number by heart, nor do I know my brother's numbers, my DHs work, my cousin's cell, SIL's cell, etc. I literally have to look in my cell's phone book if I need to write it down or relay it to someone else. Any new number I put in the phone, forget about memorizing it. It's JUST THERE, under a name to scroll down to.

I know my FILs number, my cousin's HOME phone, and my mom's number by heart, for they have had the SAME number since before I ever had a cell. lol

Do you find you just don't remember many phone numbers now a days, since they are just programmed into the cell phone? I feel it's kind of a bad thing that I don't know certain numbers by heart. :)

KairisMama

Asked by KairisMama at 11:00 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I use to know all my numbers but cell phones have me spoiled
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 12:48 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I don't even know my own mother's phone number!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Nope. I'm lost with out my cell.
    cecyh9

Answer by cecyh9 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I do.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• The only phone number I've ever memorized is my parents home phone and a phone number of an ex boyfriend that I used to call in Mexico several years ago. He got murdered 5 years ago this coming August. Not sure why I memorized that phone number but sometimes I still want to dial it to see if he answers the phone.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• i know several numbers by heart and they're either the numbers that people have since dirt basically or they're the numbers that i call frequently like my hubby's cell phone that seems to change every couple of years i know.
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 11:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Mine, DH's my MIL's, my work's 800 # and my old team's phone number. Everything else, not a clue, I just scroll and hit dial, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My husband hates that I know my ex's (my father's kids) cell phone # by heart. But me & him were together for 5 years & he's had the same phone # for 9 years. So I don't think it's that odd. Other then that I know my 3 best friends from high school phone #'s by heart. Other then that I'm lost.
    jfblaine83

Answer by jfblaine83 at 11:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yes I do, mainly bec I don't use it all the time, it's a pay as you go phone. But I do scroll to the numbers I can get to real easy sometimes.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I know a lot by heart, but not those that I rarely call or text.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2011