Birthcontrol??

ok so my dr told me when i miss a pill to use a condom for a week but my question is i missed one of my pills i take while iam on my period should i still wait a week since iam still on my period? i dont think so since iam on my period my i thought i should ask? also are your period get shorter and lighter the longer you take them? because mine have. iam kind of liking these really short periods lol. iam on tri-nessa. thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Health

• If it's an inactive pill (those during your period week), you don't have to use a condom for a week after.

And yes, a lot of birth controls will cause your periods to get shorter and/or lighter over time (it's great, isn't it lol)?
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• thank you yea thats what i thought i just was not for sure. yes iam really starting to like these periods are nice 3-4 light days is way better than 6-7 very heavy days lol thank you again for the reassurance
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• you can probably get away with it because chances are you won't ovulate in the first couple of days after your period anyway.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:47 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I was always told if you missed a pill to use a back up method until you started the new pack.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Depends on the type of pill you have. My pills don't have inactives. So I know I need to be careful if I miss a pill at anytime. If you have a type of pill that has inactive pills you will be fine!
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 2:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2011