Ok do you get this?.....

I am 17 weeks and 2 days prego and while sitting in my office chair at work I get these cramp like pains in the back of my thigh down into my knee and calf. It hurts and I cant get comfortable.

ready4baby2011

Asked by ready4baby2011 at 11:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not in my thigh/calf, but I get them in my buttcheek/thigh. I was told it was the sciatic nerve doing that.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I got bad cramps while pregnant. I was told to eat bananas and potatoes. Even now when I get cramps, I will eat a banana and then i don't get them as much.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I get leg cramps alllll the time! If you eat bananas and up your calcium that should help.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Hey if you love to wear wear heels then you can continue to do that after the pregnancy is over & stop wearing them totally for the time being. Try comforting your feet by rotating your feet clock & anti clock wise. It actually eases the sciatic nerve. Place a small cushion as a back rest on your chair. I hope this helps.....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 12:10 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Ohhh yeah I got those. still get them. It is the sciatic nerve. Sit in a hot bath and sleep with a pillow between your legs. It helps me. Maybe it will help you too.
    AshleyMarie88

Answer by AshleyMarie88 at 1:36 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Yes its the sciatic nerve. Its pretty normal for pregnancy. You need to do some stretching and definitely no high heels,
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:39 AM on Feb. 19, 2011