How do you know if you need stiches?

Long story short Iw as cooking kids were running arounf my hand slipped on a can and I was cut three times one of the cuts is really deep hurts like hell there small but deep

ExtremlyUnique

Asked by ExtremlyUnique at 11:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Health

• If the cut is deep and there is a chance of getting the foreign residues inside the wound then the stich is required in order to prevent the bacterial growth... Here too the idiom applies 'A stich in time saves nine.' ......
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 12:27 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• when i had an accidental dog bite on my finger (long, jagged, deep puncture) they said they don't do stiches on fingers unless it's absolutely necessary. they cleaned and bandaged it, the bandage came off the next day. she said that fingers are more likely to get infected with them in place bc the binding holds the germs closer to the wound.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• i would say if you can see the layers and you can open and close the cut. i always knew when you see white under all the blood it was time for stitches
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 11:55 PM on Feb. 18, 2011