Who has went through the stage of cutting?

Rather it is now or when you were younger how did you deal with it and how did you stop

ExtremlyUnique

Asked by ExtremlyUnique at 11:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Health

• I got comitted a few months ago for cutting.I needed help and no one would listen to how stressed and depressed I was and doctors wouldn't help me. I didn't do it for attention but It was like I would get so stressed and upset that when I did it, it would kind of ease my mind and make me feel a little better and when I did it I didn't feel any pain. Now I have really horrible scars on my legs that prob won't ever go away. I am ashamed of them, but sometimes when I get really upset I feel the urge to do it. I haven't in a long time but I never know when I could relapse.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I used to burn myself. I don't know why I did it and I just kind of grew out of it when I was in a stable happy relationship.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:55 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I heard something once that made me change my entire view on life period.  Said "every time you harm yourself, you reenact the harm that has been done to you by others".  You give your power away.  So I stopped hurting myself.  That goes for any aspect of harming oneself.  If you were hurt as a child and then hurt your own self later on, you are hurting that child all over again.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• It isnt a stage or for attention.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Get her some help babe.  I'm sorry that your parents aren't taking it seriously. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:21 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It isn't a stage. It's what some people do to let out their internal pain. I know - I did it on and off for seven years and stopped not only for my Husband, but for myself - the last one I did nearly killed me, it was THAT bad. Anyway..seek help for her. She is going through hard times and needs lots of support. It isn't for attention - I guarantee it.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:10 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It's not a stage. It's a cry for help.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I never did any of that, i am to chicken and really hate pain. but sometimes i feel like chopping al my hair off and the doc said that is the same thing. maybe you can do that instead if you get the urge. it won't scare or hurt. I am so sorry for you girls. I hope you all get over your past hurts and don't hurt yourself anymore. God Bless
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 12:15 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i meant scar
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 12:16 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I think this is a issue that is overlooked to often my parents are freaking out because my little sister who is 12 has started doing it and they think it is just for attention but I went through it and it was definitely not something I did for attention. I have talked to my sister about it but it seems like she has already shut down and put that block up how can i get her to open up? And lasies thanks for sharing your stories

ExtremlyUnique

Comment by ExtremlyUnique (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Feb. 19, 2011