My doc told me that pregnant women crave foods that their body is lacking.... soooo .... is my body lacking Oreo's? What does your body need?

Alright, I crave Oreo's, that is it! I did not even like Oreo's until I got preggo.

So hmmmm.... shall we get creative and find some actual nutrition in these chocolate sandwich cookies?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• lol...oh this is a classic pregnancy dr answer..you crave what your body needs...with my first pregnancy I craved a lot of fruit and the dr said I needed more water in my diet...then later in the pregnancy I craved fountain cokes...not from a bottle or can...from the fountain...anybody have the answer to that. How about a juicy double cheeseburger from McD's that is what I have craved this whole pregnancy oh and sweet tea....makes no sense to me...lol Good Luck enjoy your oreos!!
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I've heard that too and I honestly think it's true! I'm lactose intolerant, but while I was pregnant (all 3 times) I craved milk like crazy! I drank it and drank it and I never had a problem. Give me a glass of milk now and you better watch out. Same thing for eggs. I hate eggs, but when I was pregnant, I craved them and actually liked them!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Oreo's sound good right now!
    Mumjen2

Answer by Mumjen2 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I wish my cravings were as innocent as oreos! I can't have my cravings because they are caused by health problems and they are bad for me. I crave salt because my blood pressure is too high. Unfortunately, eating pure salt like my brain tells me I should would probably send my bp sky high! I also craving ice and want to chew it 24/7. It is caused by anemia, but it is bad for my teeth, so my husband tries to take my ice away from me before I chip a tooth!
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• If you are craving oreos your body is probably asking for calories rather than a specific nutrient in this case.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• did you know they make several oreo-like cookies with sugar alternatives? Newmans makes one w/o all the chemicals too
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• MMMMM, Oreos...............
    lilsmom

Answer by lilsmom at 2:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I personally think that craving what you need is a crock! lol, it just makes us feel better when we pack away a family size bag of Ruffles :) Personally, I have to have food so hot it burns my taste buds off ! (I'm 6 weeks). Go enjoy those oreos girl! Who the hell cares if you need them or not! This is the only time you can eat what you want when you want and not get in trouble for it :) Enjoy!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 3:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I hated fish but when i was preggers i love it
    MattTisha

Answer by MattTisha at 3:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• with me it was dairy [like milk and cheese] eggs,lots of green vegetables and fruits actually I COULD NOT eat ANYTHING else! and with my son [I guess he wanted protein lol] because all I craved was meats.mmmmmm....
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 4:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2008