Has anyone ever dated someone they work with?

I have been on my job a few months. When we met it was instant attraction. However I think we were both trying to stay professional. So Nothing!....I mean it was like in the movies when we first meet. We just caught each others glance and we knew. Then we just avoided each other. So it is my birthday and flowers were on my desk plus a card....It was from him! I about passed out. He kept it neutral but they were such pretty flowers.

SoI thanked him and moved on....I am  lost for words. So later he said if I would allow him he wanted to surprise me with a special date. I said I would sleep on it.

So now what?

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• He sounds sweet. You could alway date outside of work and keep it secret or something :) depends on what your works policies are on that stuff. But I wouldn't turn him down because of that.

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 12:14 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I had the opportunity but freaked out a little. Reason being that he and I worked for my uncle and if something happened to where it ended badly, I didn't want problems.

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Yes, and I'm married to him now and have been for almost twenty years!

Answer by JeannieBee at 12:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Same as JeannieBee - dated and ended up marrying him! Our office was very casual, but there was never any official policy on inter-office dating. Still, we tried to keep it on the down-low. After a little over a year, we both moved on to different jobs, so at least that pressure was off our backs. Does your work have any sort of "rules" about that?

Answer by phoofy at 12:28 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I say go for it!!! If it is allowed. I met my husband at my first job and we dated and could still be professional. If i didn't take the chance i wouldn't be happily married for 2 yrs and have my wonderful son. Some chances are worth taking!

Answer by giovannismom19 at 12:44 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Yes!! And I married him!!!

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 12:48 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Yes. Exactly like you were saying, it was like a movie. I saw him and knew he had to be mine! Haha. And he loves a nice a$$, so i hooked him with some skinny jeans haha. Jk.
    We were friends for a bit, went out and partied together, then it became more... And we have been together almost 5 years now with a beautiful DD :)

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:00 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Go for it!! I met my SO where we work and we are going on 3 years!

Answer by shanapiv at 1:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Well I actually married the man I sort of work with. Im in the Medical profession and he is Security for the Hospital and when we were first introduced we hit it off and went to lunch 2 weekes later and have been together ever since. I also dated another guy I worked with and we kept it professional at work and it was good for awhile but I wanted more than what he was willing to give but we are still friends but don't talk to him since i'm now Married.
    So go with you gut and do what is right for you but if you dont want him dont lead him on

Answer by dusty1962 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i met my ex at work, it worked for three years but breaking up and working together was hard. worth it though

Answer by angevil53 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 19, 2011