Where did you get your pets from?

My kitties are from the shelter and my 2 dogs are from a rescue in the south.

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 12:16 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Pets

• I have one kitty that was rescued from outside. Her mother abandoned her.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:18 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• We have one dog. My husband is a K9 police officer, so we got her through the police department.
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 7:54 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• My cats were adopted from the humane society, my son's frog we bought at a pet shop.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:19 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• sadly i got her from a pet store..shes a great dog i just wished i went to a reputable breeder
    bobbys4eva

Answer by bobbys4eva at 12:20 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• The fish come from Petsmart. The cats come from a local shelter.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:20 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Our cat was from a local cat shelter. She was born there when her mom was brought in while pregnant.
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 12:25 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• My 3 year old has a cat.  My neighbor kicked the cat out when she moved.  Wintertime, couldn't leave the little runt out there to freeze.  I brought her in with the intention of finding her another home but my daughter attached.  :)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• The fish came from the local pet store where we used to live and Nala came from the shelter. Cute, funny story: My son's fish's name is Rainbow, but I have a stuffed cat I like to sleep with named rain. My son was laying in my bed last night and he starts yelling "mom can please sleep with Rainbow?" I yelled back "what?" he repeated himself, I replied that no he could not sleep with the fish, he stays in his bowl. He yelled back "oops I meant Rain." I laughed so hard, then went and checked on the fish.

sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 1:15 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• My six year old collie I got from a farm down the street and my Siamese cat I found on the side of the road. My little redbone hound puppy was a valentines day gift from my mother and she went to a breeder. Nikki was the last of the litter so my mother got her for a discount because they were trying to get rid of the puppies before they moved. My horses were both bought from auction and the random old sheep I have was my aunt's. Now she lives in a retirement home and I have Betsey. The critter thinks she's a dog. Betsey's mother died in childbirth so my aunt bottle fed her.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 3:02 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• My guinea pigs came frm Pet Smart. My dog came from a friend.
    endurablemist

Answer by endurablemist at 8:20 AM on Feb. 19, 2011