Do you use douche's why or why not? adult content

Do you think it really works whay do you do you do it? Is there a brand that is better than annother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Health

• No I do not douche.

Douching is not good for the vagina. It disrupts the PH balance in the vagina, it also washes away the "good" bacterias that the vagina needs in order to stay healthy. The vagina is a self cleaning system. Douching is not needed. The only time douching should be done is if it is medically needed and prescribed by a doctor. There are some infections that a doctor will prescribe a medicated douche for. Other than that, douching is a not a good thing to do.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• no, possible infection could occur...
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 12:21 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I don't see a point in doing it and didn't think anyone did it anymore. I've heard that it's bad for you. It's one part of your body that is self-cleaning.
    banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 12:24 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• No. Was told not to interfere with the natural condition of the body. It was described as a naturally maintained environment!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:59 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Never because it kills good bacteria.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:21 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i'm in the generation of not douching. it's just not something i have ever needed to do. my body cleans itself just fine (with the help of soap and water lol). my aunt's generation did douche, but she stopped many years ago bc the dr told her it wasn't necessary and they don't teach it anymore.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I've always heard that it was a bad idea. You vagina will clear itself out naturally.

why would you want to do this? I wouldnt .
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• when i was in my teens my ob gyn told me not to do it as much..he said to get a bucket filled with vinegar and water and to sit in it for 20 min..now that im older i douche once a month after my monthly friend leaves..i use summers eve
    vinegar and water or medicated...the other scents dont leave me feeling as fresh
    bobbys4eva

Answer by bobbys4eva at 12:23 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I never have.  I didn't even know what one was until last year or something like that.  It hasn't been that long.  When I was researching it (google, lol) I found that there weren't any pros in it for me, only cons.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:25 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• No, I heard they aren't good for you and that they kill good bacteria not just the bad stuff.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:26 AM on Feb. 19, 2011