Table foods??

My boy is 8 months..he loves food!! but he gags/chokes sometimes and scares me..it can be pureed food,soft mushy finger foods, does that happen often to others?? Im curious bcuz I would like to give him more table food bcuz he really wants it but holding back bcuz the whole choking thing..I wonder if hes not ready or he will learn better if he gets it more table food and should I give him what were eating for the night?? will flavors be too much?? MY oldest was on staright table foods @ 10 months and I feel like I forgot the process lol(5 years ago) :/

socalikim

Asked by socalikim at 12:26 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm happy to know that you are so concered about lil bundle of joy. You can introduce your son to food items that are really soft. What you can start with is putting soft bread in a bowl of milk and a colorful spoon. You can also inrtoduce him to soups which are just warm and have some soft croutons in it. Then move on gradually to other food items.....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 12:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• He is a little young, but he will get the hang of it. Make sure you offer small, soft, bits and he will eventually learn to handle them. Then move on from there.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:58 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• My youngest would try to put everything in front of him in his mouth at once. So, we had to give him one bite at a time, wait until he swallowed, and then give him another. He'd just get in such a hurry.
    My first had a very sensitive gag reflex. She always gagged on apples or applesauce. Always gagged on bananas. And always gagged with jello. I found that thicker, but soft food were the easiest for her. And that anything thin or gooey was going to make her gag.
    You just have to figure out with each child what works best for them.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 12:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2011