What times does your family eat Thanksgiving dinner? My Inlaws Eat at 10:00 AM!

Every year it drives me crazy that we eat so early at my inlaws house. They say it is the "normal time to eat" and that my family and I must be weird to eat in the afternoons. What time does your family sit down to eat?

Am I weird?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• Since we go 3 different place for Thanksgiving Dinner, at my FIL we eat at 11:30 then we go to my mom and dads for 2:30, Then we head on over to my MIL for 6:30pm by the time I get there I am so sick of food.LOL. I feel 10am is to early, cause we just finished eatting breakfast for 9:00am.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 5:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• That's crazy early!

My family, as well as my husband's, usually do things between 1 and 3. I actually asked my Mom if she would do her stuff a little later this year, since it's pretty much just my husband and I going. His Mom is doing her stuff at 1, then we have his grandparents...we'll be eating at my Mom's around 4 or 5, which makes a lot more sense to me! Otherwise, it's between lunch and dinner, too weird!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Yuck, that's like having Thanksgiving for breakfast. Seriously, I've never heard of that.

On Thanksgiving we have coctails at 4pm and eat around 5 or so. After that, we go home and chill.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 6:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• We shoot for 2:30 and are lucky if we get it ready by 3:30. Always in the afternoon. We do gather early..but at 10:00 we are having Moms cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate. Turkey at 10 wow..that seems a little nuts to me. In fact, there is no way I could get my kids to eat a heavy meal like that at that time of day.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• We eat at my Grandmothers around 2 and at My bf dads at 5-6, his moms family is doing thiers this weekend about 12. That is way to early.
    KallaLilli

Answer by KallaLilli at 6:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• no, your not weird, what I want to know is how they think they can get a decent meal cooked at that time. I don't put my turkey in until 10am! That way it's ready by 4 which is when we eat( mostly because of football, lol)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I always thought it was called Thanksgiving DINNER. Not Thanksgiving BREAKFAST. My family gets up really early and we snack on all kinds of yummy things and watch tv and other stuff. Then around 5pm we all sit down and eat!!! =) mmmm I can't WAIT!!!!!!!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• At my DH's family's dinner if you aren't there to eat by then you're going to miss out!! The kitchen is clean and food is gone by 12! (I'm not exagerating!) When I cook we have it in the late afternoon (3 or 4) and snack and stuff before that!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• oh gosh, ten is super early!!! At my grandma's it's usually like 2 pm or so.
    MommyOfTwo347

Answer by MommyOfTwo347 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• 2 pm is normal for my family
    Yngmomma17

Answer by Yngmomma17 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2008