How many cats are to many?

Nitestalker

Asked by Nitestalker at 1:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Pets

• IDK. I only have one. My parents had 3 in the house growing up and itwas just fine. As cats get older they become almost like blended in to the surroundings of the house. It's like "There's s couch, there's a lamp and a tv and over there's a cat." lol.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:13 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• 3+ jmo
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:10 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• One lol... seriously though, if you don't want to look like a crazy cat lady I'd say keep it to two MAYBE 3.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:25 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I'm with Kathy ONE is to many for me as well!
    Susanmomof

Answer by Susanmomof at 3:18 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It depends on the situation. We have 17. Six inside and 11 outside. We live in the country and cats just show up. We get them fixed, feed them and provide clean water. Most of the time they are in the woods and except for feeding time you never see them. As for the inside cats they split up in the house and you never see all of them together. They have their own personalities and want to interact at different times. We have a cat door that leads into a big pen for them with a tree and jungle gym.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 9:39 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• One
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i guess if you have the space and can actually take care of them, a few is ok...usually there are laws on the number of pets you can have...I have 2 and a dog :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:13 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Whoops, maybe I shouldn't have answered this question. No offense ladies, she asked, lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:16 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• around any more than 3 or 4 probably. But as pp said as cats grow older they tend to blend and you don't really even notice them they are very laid back animals and pretty low maintenance.

mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:22 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It depends on where you live, your ability to care for them, etc....I have one, and I have had as many as 3. I would probably stop at 5.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:28 AM on Feb. 19, 2011