Why is rain and/or snow so depressing?

chrisrmom

Asked by chrisrmom at 1:10 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Gloomy weather.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• a trick my psychology professor taught us. Go buy one of those natural light bulbs, it'll make you happier.
    to answer it is because of the lack of serratonin.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:12 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• If you believe weather can make you happy or sad then you are an idiot.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 1:18 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• The only thing that makes an idiot is to think someone else is an idiot for posting a question for all the others who are wondering but dont want to ask. Its called having balls and not giving a crap what other people think.
    chrisrmom

Comment by chrisrmom (original poster) at 1:32 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I don't find either depressing..but I love both rain and snow. I've always wondered why people find it gloomy and such. Care to enlighten me? I'm curious! =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Rain has always been a calming thing for me. It does put me in hibernation....I think the serotonin answer makes sense though.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 1:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I dislike snow and rain because I get cold easily with both. Snow gets me cold right when I walk outside and I expect the cold, but with rain i get even colder because it brings the temp down in such a slow manner that I dont realize that I am cold until I am shivering down to the bone. I can never tell how cold it is with rain because the air temp changes so slowly.
    chrisrmom

Comment by chrisrmom (original poster) at 2:19 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Rain is depressing for me because around here it also means very little sunlight. And the rain is wet and miserable and makes everything muddy and mossy and moldy and gross and it rains all winter long.

On the other hand, snow makes me feel alive. Maybe because it reminds me of home and friends and family there.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 2:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Oh, for pessimist, rain and snow just gets them down. For optimists, rain is life giving and snow is beautiful. It just fits your personality type. Is the glass half full or half empty?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2011