How much would you charge?

A woman my mom works with want me to make her daughter a Winnie the Pooh pinata, and sketch, then paint each Winnie the Pooh character onto big poster board, for her birthday in 4 months. The pinata takes awhile to make, I usually charge about 40. But Ive never done the posters. I love to draw, and I know I can do it. But, it's gonna take forever lol. It'll be a lot of work. I dont want to over price it though. So, whats a price that will give us both a good deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• First of all, that's adorable! You have a real talent.

What I would do is calculate how long it takes you to make the pinnate and then divide it by 40. That will give you your hourly rate. Then you can charge her based on how many hours it takes you to make the posters. And don't forget to factor in the cost of supplies.

Good luck with this and be sure to post pics when they're all finished. I'd love to see.
    5150mama

Answer by 5150mama at 1:29 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• How do you make your pinatas? my dd is having her bday soon and I was thinking I might make a Hello Kitty to go with the theme
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 1:55 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• 40.00
    kalynskorner

Answer by kalynskorner at 2:05 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• beautiful
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 2:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I would keep it at $40.00 and let her know you're throwing in the posters... This is an awesome Pinata, and I'm sure there will be a lot of parents at this party... Word of mouth will be an incredible advertising opp for you... (I'd find a way to sneak in a few cards to her lol)
    peekab00

Answer by peekab00 at 9:12 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I agree with everyone keep the price at $40. You did a really good job
    acruz86

Answer by acruz86 at 8:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• whatever you feel good with. how much is the material and how many hours to you work on the posters? Maybe and extra $10 or $20 is fine.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• $60.... $40 base cost + $10 for custom + $10 poster.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would say between $50 and $70
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:23 AM on Feb. 21, 2011