When does..........

When does the colostrum come in? I heard it was supposed to come in at 30wks but I don't think I have it. How can you tell when you get it? Do you leak??

AshleyMarie88

Asked by AshleyMarie88 at 1:19 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Mine came in around the 22 week mark but everyone is different. My boob was squashed the way I was sleeping and I woke up with a puddle of fluid by my nip. Curiosity got the best of me and I gave both boobs a mighty squeeze and it just dripped out. I don't normally leak it though, I have to squeeze it out.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 1:23 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Every person is different. Mine came in shortly after I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant. I leaked.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 1:25 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Oh weird. It hurts to wear a bra so i don't think I wanna give them a squeeze to find out lol.
    AshleyMarie88

Comment by AshleyMarie88 (original poster) at 1:31 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Wow you guys I didn't even know that is gonna happen lol
    Hotsaus

Answer by Hotsaus at 1:33 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It happens at different times for different people but you probably won't know unless you give your self a good squeeze. lol
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:36 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• it didn't happen to me til my actual milk came in 12-24 hours after i delivered my daughter who was my first and we'll see what happens when this baby is born in august.
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 2:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Didn't it hurt the rest of you though? I can't squeeze them lol I'm a big baby.
    AshleyMarie88

Comment by AshleyMarie88 (original poster) at 3:10 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• My first pregnancy my boobs didn't leak AT ALL, but this 2nd time they started leaking around 23 weeks.
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 12:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Mine didn't come in until about 40 weeks. That said, it may have come in sooner. I noticed it would be there after I showered and thought it was just water droplets at first. ;)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 1:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• ph yeah i orgot another way i found out was with my 2nd pregnancy during a hot shower they started to leak. that was what made me squeeze them to see if it was true
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2011