How can I keep my floors clean?

How do I keep my floors clean enough for my 9 month old to crawl around and not get stuff all in her hands especially my hair. We have carpet that I vacuum once a day and tile that I sweep once a day also. I'm sure it does not help matters that I'm still loosing tons of hair. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

amber_drake

Asked by amber_drake at 2:28 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• You could try an electronic sweeper and vacuum that goes non stop like the roomba, but kids will be kids if hair is the worst thing your baby finds on the floor you are doing good! LOL!
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 2:33 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Its seems like I'm always shedding my hair. I find it everywhere! I only sweep the hard floors when I need to be quiet. Other than that I vacuum it. B/c the vacuum always picks up so much better than a broom. If you don't have a vacuum piece for your tile maybe you can look into getting a little one for quick jobs.
    desertgurl02

Answer by desertgurl02 at 2:35 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• hair isn't a problem for little ones..it's not full of germs. if youre vacuuming every day, I would suggest a Shark steam mop...my mom got me one for christmas after my dd was born and I LOVE it!! NO germs, no chemicals, and you can use it as often as you want....we also have animals, so it was especially nice for me. $59 and simple to use :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:26 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Like my Mom always said A little dirt does not hurt.

Answer by louise2 at 6:18 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I'm with louise2.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I use a steamer. I love it. I vaccum then use that so it gets the floors nice and clean. LOVE IT!
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 21, 2011