Twins? what are the chances?

i just went to my first doctor appointment today, everything went good..and then when the doctor was feeling my belly, she asked if i was sure about when my last period was..im 100% positive!! she said im big for my dates and she said could be twins!! im going for an ultrasound next week to see if its single or double..im 6 weeks..did this happen to anyone? and what was the outcome? if you were having twins, did they notice right away like this? im soo nervous, it would be my second and/or third child.

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 2:48 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My cousin's 2nd pregnancy was fraternal twins. She said they noticed right away that she was bigger than she should have been. Congratulations either way! Post and update!
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• *an update.
    Blakesmommy0907

• I've been measuring "ahead" for most of this pregnancy. (Right now I'm measuring 5 weeks ahead.) It is just one baby, they've checked multiple times and the baby is not "big."
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 12:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• My friend was 11 weeks and her doctor told her the same thing: Go get an ultrasound, you're measuring larger than you should be and it might be twins. (Her first child is just over a year old). She went to the ultrasound and they found it was only one baby.

GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 4:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2011