What's up with temperature changes?

I can be sitting on the couch watching a show with my family and all of a sudden get super super hot. We're talking it feels like a hot poker on my back. I get all flushed and start sweating. My first thought was, of course, menopause. However, the doctor agreed to do some blood tests and says everything is in working order, no menopause. So, what gives? Anyone else go through this? I would love to hear any feedback. It is so strange!

ETA: I am 35. I am not pregnant. I am sick right now, but this happens all the time, not just when I am sick. We've tried going to the doctor for it several times with no answers.

ShaunnaMichelle

Asked by ShaunnaMichelle at 4:01 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Health

• Are you taking any medications? Are you exercising regularly? These can affect your internal thermostat, too. Hormones are the most obvious answer, bu if those levels are normal, these might be another way to go.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:16 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• If you at the age of meopause. It still might be that. Doctors do not know everything. I got all the tested done to. But I have hot flashes once in a while. I am 50 next month.

Answer by louise2 at 6:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Lady spring is waking up & warning Jack Frost that his party is almost over.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:01 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I hit the enter button too quickly,

aside from my sarcasm....how old are you? it could also be a thyroid thing.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:02 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• How old are you? Are your pregnant? Are you getting sick?
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 2:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2011