How much fomula

i have a grandson born christmas day. my daughter tried breastfeeding him but it didnt work out. she now feeds him formula she tried emfomile but that seemed to be to harsh for hos stomach.now shes giving him a different kind. shes giving him 4ozs. but he sill cries. he cries at the drop f a hat. its long pitiful cries. nothing works to settle him . were at the end of our rope . any seggetions

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 6:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First bring him to the doctor. To see if something else is wrong. Or feed him more. I always feed my DD's tell they stoped on their own then burped them.

Answer by louise2 at 6:06 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• we do buurp him but he still cries. he will spit up if fed to much.
    stressedoutgran

Comment by stressedoutgran (original poster) at 6:15 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I agree that you should see the doctor. It could be colic, but it needs to be discussed with the doc. If it is a lot of gas maybe Mylicon drops would also help.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• He could need a formula that is more broken down for easy digestion. Discuss the problem with the doctor and see if this could be his issue.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:06 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• take him in to the doctor, a friends baby had problems and had to have soy formula.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:42 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• one of my boys had problems and we took him to the doctor he had to be put on a medical formula he cryed all the time did not seem to sleep well at all but now is doing better i would take him in to the doctor and just have them check if there is anything else going on
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 4:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Sounds like colic. I agree with everyone else that you should see a dr. My son has a sensitive stomach and I love similac ready to feed sensitive.
    rpetullo

Answer by rpetullo at 12:20 AM on Feb. 20, 2011