Would you feel unloved if your dh and you havent had sex in 7 months?

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 7:53 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• I certainly would, we are only human and need physical contact and we take sex as a sign of love from our partner, hope this makes sense lol. Even though its medically out of his control he must know it is bothering you and maybe he could go to the Dr. and get on something different? Pls try not to take it personal either, I know, easier said than done.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 12:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• whoa, ya I would think something was up. I have gone 10- months, but it doesnt count, dh was deployed.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:59 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It's happened in our relationship. Yes, I do feel unloved.
    Get the book "The Sex Starved Wife" by Michele Weiner-Davis. It helped put in a different perspective for me. It still hurts when we go a long time without sex, but I am able to understand it a bit better and it doesn't cut as deep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• antidepression meds can do that to some people. he needs to talk to his doc about it and see if they would want to switch it meds or what they can do about it. it is a side effect of the pills but there is something that can be done.
    im sorry you are going through this he does love you and obviously he doesnt have a sex drive otherwise he would be cheating if he wasnt getting it at home.
    my dh is on antidepressants too and i make sure i keep a watch on his sex drive because i want to keep a bit of a sex life. but we do go through times where we will only have it once or twice a month and i do complain and i make it known that i want sex and he better get in gear. i know my husband loves me and every now and then i figure i just have to crack the whip on him to show it.
    talk to the doc about it there is hope.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:13 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Well at least you know he isn't cheating so thats a plus. If you had a normal sex life before the meds then probably the meds. Maybe you can try seducing him, turning up the heat. You know do the whole dress up, performance thing. And other than that just try to be supportive and patient, I'm sure he's feeling bad but doesn't want to talk about it.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• During our time of problems and my own depression, we went months without sex. It hurt, I felt unattractive but it was just a symptom of our issues. It took time, but we worked it out. Be patient, especially considering he's on anti-depressants and working through depression. Just let him know you love him.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• whoa yea something is def wrong. are you guys fighting? stressed? tired? low or no sex drive? have to talked about it to him?
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:01 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• he has been on depression meds and since then he has no sex drive and he tells me he loves me but yes i feel very unloved like there is something wrong with me. and he doesnt go out anywhere so i know he is not cheating or anything like that. he says he has no sex drive.
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 8:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Oh yes i would.

Have him talk to his Dr. He can prescribe him something that will help his libido. If his meds take away his libido that bad, then a little viagra might help.

My friend Brian who is only 33, is on a few depressions meds. He HAS to take viagra sometimes because of his lack of sex drive. His wife made him get some because she wasn't about to have a sex-less life. You might want to think about it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I don't know anyone who wouldn't feel unloved, man or woman. You guys should def. talk about it, and possibly see someone.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2011