I don't understand how he can accept her son, but not his own....

My DD's father, has a new gf (mind you they just met) well now she says he is her sons father, (he's like 5) he watches him while she goes to work, he disciplines him, and is basically there for him. I'm torn, my heart is literally torn apart. He has only seen his 2 DD's one day in the past 2 months...........he doesn't call at all. He tells her he misses her and her son, and calls them,......but what about my beautiful daughters? I'm at a loss for words,......it's like he wants nothing to do with my kids because i'm there mother.

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 9:12 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• He may be abusive to her son. Since he's neglectful of his own children it's reasonable to think he's not being that great to someone else's child. He might just be letting people think he's being a good guy to her kid but we all know that's just to get in her pants. So he's not sincere. The man isn't a good dad obviously so don't let him fool you in to thinking he's a good dad-sub to someone else's kid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Its his loss. My older kids dad is the same way. He has only seen them a handful of times since 1998 and for the most part my kids with him are grown (22, 18 and 17). He has had 3 wives or common laws since then, and they all had kids. He calls all those kids his kids even still. He still visits those kids even if he isnt with those women any more. Right now he has 3 sd's and does everything for them but wont even help his 17 yr old pay for prom tickets.
    What ended up happening was he started coming around when they got older or grown and now the kids want nothing to do with him. They have my husband, their step dad, who wasnt always around mind you. They also have my dad who has basically helped raised them. In the end they do end up regretting their decision if when they dont admit it to you. Your girls will be fine. They will grow and see him for what he really is. He will end up alone.

Answer by gemgem at 9:27 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• His GF probably feels threatened by your girls. He's a new daddy for her son & I'm sure she doesn't want anything to take that away. If your DD's come around, she may be jealous of his real kids, maybe she is scared about the love he has for them.

So, my guess is that he's being this way because of her. He is pussy whipped as they say.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:43 AM on Feb. 19, 2011