Advice for a freind-dreaming about another man-

*posting this for a freind*
ok so back in the day my freind had a fling with this guy- after highshcool everytone went there seperate ways like we all tend to do-but my freind cant stop thinking about this guy- having dreams about him etc etc.
she wonders if maybe she should facebook message him and tell him how much shes been thinking about him. just to get it off her chest. even if he doesnt feel the same way about her. and even tho shes married and even if he did have feelings for her nouthing could come of it. or should she just keep these thoughts to herself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Dreams are the unconscious mind working out issues the waking mind isnt dealing with. There is probably some issue there her mind is bringing up and it doesnt have to do with this guy in fact. It can just be about what this guy represents to her. The more she thinks about it in her waking mind, the more she will dream about him. I have dreams about my past guy friends and boy friends (not sexual just they are there and what not). I dont see any harm in her contacting him but she should realize he has probably moved on and what is in her mind has nothing to do with him. If she is married she should ask herself why she wants to reach out to another man. Maybe she is not happy in her life so her unconscious mind is bringing it up in this way>?

Answer by gemgem at 10:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Dreams are random thoughts and the meanings are never what you think they are. It's just dreams. It probably has something to do with unfulfilled goals in general not specifically with this guy. If she has a desire to get things off her chest then tell her to do it but be prepared for rejection just in case he doesn't feel the same way she does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Well the past is the past and she should leave it there. She doesn't want to open a can of worm so she needs to just concentrate on her current life and put this guy out of her mind.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I think she should find other ways to get it off her chest other than telling him.
    besides, if she puts it on facebook or a email of any kind it's likely to be all over the place.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I wouldnt try to contact him because it may come back and bite her in the ass some day - her husband or whoever will probably find out and then she will have ALOT of explaining to do. She may need some type of closure, have her write a letter to him and then burn it at least she got it off her chest!!
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 12:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• KEEP THE THOUGHTS TO HERSELF! you never know, this guy she keeps thinking about could be her soul mate but if this is the case, she is married, so why would she want her potential soul mate to think shes dreaming of another guy while married? its a lose/lose situation. focus on your husband, you married him for a reason, dont let hormones or anything else get in the way of what you have.
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 4:09 AM on Feb. 20, 2011