Is this site really benefitting our country? DO YOU see changes?

Why do you believe it is helping?
Is change going to happen?
Are we doomed to just use high tech and sit here to see it get blown away like every other change that was supposed to happen. Why can't the ones that SEE CHANGE put up more posts?

so this is about cafemom
and also politics. ...K?

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 10:06 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Crazy for Credits

• Huh?!?!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Well, frankly, I think expecting a website about motherhood to have a major impact on the political climate or general situation ins kind of ludicrous. It's fun and interesting to see what people say here, and to be exposed to new ideas, but if I want to find a site that really impacts things I would find a website that dealt with political, economic, or social reform.

I do see how supporting mothers, in that it supports family values and good child-rearing, can change the world one child (or a few) at a time, but I don't think that's what you meant.

0n the other hand: I agree that change is all around us. I am only worried because none of it seems very positive. We're sitting in the middle of Rome right now and if we don't do something soon we're gonna end up history just like them too. In my humble opinion.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Our country, maybe not. Women, yes.

Answer by louise2 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• OP--you DO realize that merely responding to your OWN post does NOT bump it, don't you?!

As for your question, AGAIN, I do not understand it!

Are you TRYING to ask whether or not CHATTING with other moms from around the country and a few other countries for help with problems or to get advice and opinions on a wide range of topics, is beneficial?! If so, then the answer is YES!

If the I'm wrong in my interpretation, then I haven't a clue what you're trying to express. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I dont think cafemom has anything to do with real life politics. In fact, I would say that most web sites, even those dedicated to politics arent really helping anything. Those dedicated to one side or the other are going to attract the most rabid (far right or far left) and the fact is most people are not THAT into politics and they just want to see things fixed, like the deficit, like their homes being under water, like the ability to get a small business loan, like actually being able to run a small business without it going under, like knowing their kids are going to get a decent education, like knowing they arent going to be laid off because their jobs are outsourced. These are the issues everyday people care about and these are the issues no one is seeing change happening in. When it comes down to it, itll be those middle people who choose which way this country goes. Not a website.

Answer by gemgem at 10:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• louise2.

I will pick you as best answer, but later. Later on, after I see what other answers anyone offers. I will see when I get good and ready!! I will pick you, because you, you , you, left the most truthful answer in the entire world.

our country maybe not, women yes.

Love that.
    coffeeyum

Comment by coffeeyum (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• No, I don't think so. For me, this site is about social networking with a demographic that has a common denominator (motherhood). It's for discussion, advise and information - of course I take the information lightly. I don't think it will change our country. It's entertainment and networking. That's pretty much it.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:19 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• yes..gemgem, so cafemom is not an obstacle. This site is a springboard.
    coffeeyum

Comment by coffeeyum (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• but qunnmae, ........you said it yourself. Entertainment. You say it for only networking, .........isn't that the whole point???
    Women and networking, together.
    Oh, I see you're being sarcastic.
    Maybe I'm the one that needs the latte' and 10 more children.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sarcasm girls, 100%, I'm kidding !!!) "K"
    coffeeyum

Comment by coffeeyum (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• FWIW, I wasn't being sarcastic.
    I don't see how social networking changes anything about the world or our country.

I don't understand your comment about lattes and 10 kids, but if that's what your heart desires then go for it.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:29 AM on Feb. 19, 2011