How to grow hair fast! Anybody know of herbal supplements to promote hair growth?

Hi Everyone,
I don't know if any ladies here have experiences this before. But after my second child was born all that lovely fullness and extra hair that grew in obviously started sheding...well it's been over a year and my hair has been depleted so much shedding that I feel I'm going to go bald...I mean it's not that horrible but VERY thin..so much so that you can see the scalp. I have to part it to the side and make it look thicker with thickening cream daily. I am getting so depressed about my hair, and my skin...it's like I have some sorta imbalance??? I don't know...If anyone knows my situation or has ever found any supplements to help with balancing hormones and hair growth please answer this post!!!

I'm going to get checked by the doctor this week to make sure it's not hormones, thyroid, that sorta thing. But, anything to stop the hair from falling out...and start growing it back!!!! Thanks, all :)

logankaysmomi

Asked by logankaysmomi at 10:12 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Health

• There is a shampoo call Mane and Tail it is a horse shampoo but at Walmart they have it with the other shampoos or you could take prenatals.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 10:14 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• What like maturna the same stuff I was taking for pregnacy? And this Mane and Tail, does it work? And is it safe? I mean if it's ment for horses?..lol I know it's a stupid question...but the chemicals and stuff. Have you used it at all yourself? I live in Canada do they have it here??? Thanks for the quick reply though.
    logankaysmomi

Comment by logankaysmomi (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• have you tried to take biotin pills? its also something they give horses to grow long pretty hair. its safe to take.. and makes your hair grow like crazy. maybe it could stimulate your scalp and more hair will start to grow? its worth a shot
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 10:27 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It could be a hormone imbalance. Saw Pameto is really for prostate health but the same hormone present in prostate cancer has been found during hair loss. So this herb blocks that hormone. But really I bet you what is happening is that you are under lots of stress whether you realize it or not. :) being a new Mommy is hard work. See if you can get someone to take over a couple of nights a week so you can rest. Also make sure you are getting the proper nutrition for your body. If not your body will show it. It takes up to a year for your body to get back to normal after a baby. So eat a balanced diet of calcium vitamin C, protein...everything and drinking water. You can add nuts, and olive oil, fish to your diet too for omega 3's..which is really good for hair and skin too. Massage Melaleuca oil on your scalp..and use something with less toxins as shampoo. or massage seasame oil before shampoo. Take some time for you.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:28 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Have you had your thyroid checked? What you are describing seems a bit excessive.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I've used Mane and Tail but I can't see it working on thin hair or to make thin hair thick. It is a wonderful product, though, for thick hair.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• nioxin supplements are good for hair growth, some said though (if you're hairy) you might grow more hair everywhere. ask your hairdresser or look them up. they are otc
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Well, thanks for the help so far ladies. And I've heard about Biotin, that is a good thing to take. Well, it's not as extreme as I may make it sounds...but for me to lose my hair after it's been so full and thick before baby and during sucks!!!! I'm sorry but any woman that is thinning hair and so noticable would have the same self confidence issues too! I'm not being dramatic...in anyway. I am just concerned, and wanted some womanly advice. No drama ladies, just looking for support and or advice. That's it. Thanks to those who have responded so far. I am grateful.
    logankaysmomi

Comment by logankaysmomi (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• angevil53- thanks for that. I know that my hubby has used the drops, and shampoos and hasn't seen any results..I find. I have seen him lose his hair alot too. I have never tired them cause I was breastfeeding so not safe then. But, now I'm willing to try just about anything. That's safe of course.
    logankaysmomi

Comment by logankaysmomi (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Here is also this new stuff I have heard of called Ovation. Their website is ovationhair.com. I was thinking of getting some for DH since his hair is thinning. He has tried Rogain but wanted to try something else that might work better. They have a little starter pack to try to see how you like it, worth a try.
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2011