Is spring going to bring back my good 2 year old??

Please tell me my 2 year will be back to his good self when he can play out side more?? He's stopped wanting to potty train. He has trantrums all the time and he's starting to throw things and hit. I'm doing my best, but hoping this has something to do with living in the frozen tundra in a tiny apartment? Anyone else going through this?

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 10:26 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well it could be that and also just a stage he is going through. I know everyone talks about the terrible 2's but for my kids they really went through it hard core between 2 and a half and 3 and half. Once he has room to run around and maybe get some of that energy out it will help, but if its coupled with a stage then it wont cure it totally. Good luck though.

Answer by gemgem at 10:37 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Yes I bet he will...I think it is a discipline all of us parents have to experience though. :) Redirect and counting are usually good options. Hang in there.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:39 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• There is a reason they call it the Terrible Twos but yes going outside and playing will make a difference. If he was already potty trained by two then it's normal for him to go back to being un-potty trained. You trained him too soon. This happens when moms try to push kids to grow up too fast when they are not ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• my niece went through things like this when she turned four.
    she didn't even act like the same kid.
    Other than mac and cheese, she'd hardly touch any food until myself or my husband made it, and she would hardly talk to anyone. She warmed up to my husband and would play games but that was about it.

she went through a biting stage at about that age too.
    your kid will probably get through it all. Hang in there.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• terrible twos will turn into the horrible threes....lol untill he's moved out and gone to college every year will bring about new "terrible" yet completely normal childhood behavior. It sounds like typical 2 year old behavior to me.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2011