Oh this annoys me to no end!!!!!!!! facebook vent

when someone puts something like "wow. i cant believe this happened. i hate my life how will i ever get thru this." etc etc, saying nothing else. and then you try to find out whats going on and they either dont answer at all or say "nothing". UGH! why do people put discreet info on their FB and then dont want anyone to ask whats wrong? whatever it is is probably none of my business, but then dont make it everyone else's business by putting it on the damn internet! i have one friend in particular who does this everyday sometimes several times a day, hes obviously depressed and wants attention but he wont let anyone help him! he just gripes about his miserable life and then doesnt want anyone to ask him about it. soooo annoying!!!!!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Then tell him only he has the power to change his life and to take baby steps to fix it. I have a FB friend like that and he drives me nuts but over time I (and other friends) have slowly encouraged him to make changes. It takes time but keep encouraging him. It will empower him. Getting through depression isn't easy. Just being there and being supportive helps. I suffer from depression and know I get stuck sometimes but my friends don't give up on me.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:32 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• LMBO tnm! I think we might have the same friend.

IMHO I think that when posts like this happen, it's not the individual seeking attention from everyone else, but he/she is seeking attention from a specific person. I have a friend on my page who does that... the only reason he does it, is to see if this certain girl notices it. He has no clue that it makes him look like a depressed ignoramus psychotic head case. And that it is a turn off to not only this specific girl but to the rest of his friends as well.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 10:38 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I know what you mean. I also dislike the every moment of their day updates....sheesh! Last weekend a friend complained about her bf all weekend. I asked her how he felt about that since he was on her friends list and there was a lot of awful posts about him and she was all like it was just fun, but it obviously was not.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:39 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Sounds like he loves the attention
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 10:47 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• AGREE!!!
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• maybe he being childish and is just bored and trying to stir up something...i have a friend like that and we just pretty much ignore her stuff now (kinda like the boy who cryed wolf to may times)
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• yeah, I hate it when some people make a hobby out of being miserable. my mom's got a friend like that. yes, she had hard things in her life, but she had so many things to be thankful for.
    I can certainly understand depression, but when you insist on doing nothing to make things better, and I do mean nothing, then what do you want anyone to do?
    I still listen to people, but I personally am always looking for things here and there to get through the touch bumps.

I do hope your friend gets better, but I understand your position.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I have also noticed that people stretch the truth on their posts. I have often seen ,"I am sooo tired from being up two nights in a row with my sick baby boy." Then they call me on the phone and say, "Hey, want a playdate?" I say, "But, isn't your baby sick." And they say, No." Huh?
    Facebook bring out the worst in all of us. :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:00 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Attention..that is all it's for.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i don't put any information about my life on fb, nothing negative. i don't want anyone to know what's going on with me unless i am letting them in
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 19, 2011