Is high pitch screams normal

our grandson communicates sometimes with screams. he is 8 months old. sometimes he sits in his high chair and rocks back and forth hitting his head on the chair . he says momma and dadda, but likes to screech sometimes. Is he just testing his abilities sometimes while playing with him sitting nose to nose he will but heads. are these concerns or is this just play

prudy300

Asked by prudy300 at 10:31 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have seen all of what you describe in normal children. I think you should be concerned IF it is done excessively. They are good things to mention at his next pediatrician appointment.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:34 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I think he wants out of the high chair. Sounds like a normal way for a 8 month old to communicate that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• just say to him, mama, ''out'. and then lift him out, smile and keep saying mama out. i guess, my son did stuff like this, they learn when you say words to help them .

coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:39 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Yep, sounds normal to me. All three of my boys scream extremely high pitched just because they can or hurt or mad and I am constantly trying to make them stop. And I think they all have banged their heads on the high chair for different reasons and my first also used to bang his head on the floor when he would get mad. I figure that he's either trying to get your attention, he wants to get out of the high chair, or he's exploring a new feeling. That's why my boys did it.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 19, 2011