Would you bring the kids with you or leave them home? (DH's homecoming )

first deploy he wanted me to just pick him up and leave the kids at home so he could surprise them but that didnt happen.
this time we thought he was coming home with his unit but hes coming home on a freedom flight which means i yet again ahve to pick him up from the airport. this is the last deploy for a while.
he mention last night how he still wanted to have someone watch the kids have them dressed in there homecoming outfits and i pretend im going to the store and come back with a daddy! GREAT surprise.
or should i let them come with me- i will have to take the double stroller out the car so he can fit his bags in there so that itself is going to be a pain in the ass chasing after a 2 year old and a 9 month old in the airport-and im pretty sure once we start getting ready that morning the year old will know anyways whats up.

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 10:40 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• No I wouldn't take them especially since he asked you not to. Don't ruin his surprise.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:47 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I would do what he suggested. My husband came home from his last deployment last summer. I left the boys (2 and 10 months at the time) with my friend and took our oldest (she's 5). It was a lot easier and you never know -even with flights- what can delay them.Since your kids are so young, I wouldn't lug them around with me. It will be easier on you and them if they stay with a sitter.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 10:42 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• honestly even if he didnt ask i would still leave them with a sitter, its going to be hectic at the airport
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Yes do what he suggested. I think it would be a wonderful surprise for the kids to bring him back that way. :)
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It is his homecoming. Do it his way.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:05 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Surprise them
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 11:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Do what he wants! He deserves this huge opportunity to suprise the kids, plus it would be so awesome for them! Not doing it will probably upset him and you don't want to ruin his homecoming, do you?
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:15 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I would do what he says and as a pp suggested the flight may be delayed and then you would be chasing the kids around. I would leave them with a sitter.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I would do what he wants.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2011