Has anyone under 25 years old rented a car before?

anyone under 25 yrs old rent a car before? if so, what place did you go through and how much did it cost(tell me how many days, etc). Also did you have to give a credit check, credit card, etc?

djanowski775

Asked by djanowski775 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Travel

• i am 28 but i rented my first car when i was 22..my fiance at the time who is now my husband and i were going to visit his grandparents and i needed to rent a car cuz ours was messed up...anyway you have to have a credit cared not a check card from a bank so you may wanna get one of the prepaid cards like the onles you get at walmart..enterprise is more willing to work with someone under 25 on this however and they will hold more on your card for a week or so cuz of your age and financial responsibilities to the company
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 2:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:16 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I rented from Enterprise when I was 23, all I needed was my debit card from my credit union and my drivers license. I don't know if their policies have changed in the last 4 years, but I had no issues renting.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• My husband and I rented from Enterprise when we were 21 & 22. We used a debit card and I believe it was about $500 to rent for about a week. It costs us more because we had to buy their insurance since we didn't have any insurance from the states (we lived in Germany and was visiting family here in the states and only had insurance in Germany). We had no problems renting it though.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:57 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• thank you everyone for your responses. sounds pretty good. I might just take amtrak since my son likes trains but the problem is shopping down in cali and bringing stuff back lol but thanks everyone
    djanowski775

Comment by djanowski775 (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2011