Sick helpers?

What do you do when you have a house full of sick people and you yourself are too sick to do anything,like cook and even take care of your sick kids? Husband is sick too for two weeks I cant get him to lift a finger. I've been up all night with my son at the hospital for his tummy pain and now I'm sick enough that its keeping me from falling asleep and I'm so tired my eyes burn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• Can you get any grandparents or family and friends to help?? How sick is your hubby that he hasn't been able to do anything for 2 weeks?? Sounds like he might need to suck it up and help you out!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Oh, being a mommy and wife can be the hardest job in the world! There is no time to take care of yourself when everyone else is sick. What I usually do when I am sick also is let some of the house stuff go, order pizza or take-out, and lay down whenever I can. If your son is a toddler, baby-proof a romm, put some toys in it, and pull in a blanket and pillow for you to rest on the ground while you are watching him.
    I wish you all well soon.
    BTW, this is precisely the reason why mother's day is usually a bigger deal than fathers day . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:15 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I wish but sadly I have noone. My mom and sister have no car,and they have some weird illness thats been with them for years.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• honestly call one of those online babysiter places......they have done all the screen for you and they usual have someone who can come right away.....sorry cant rember thier name
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• sorry to hear about you bad time and hope everyone gets better soon. Maybe get a babysitter, friend, or even a merry maid to come touch up the house for you. If not then maybe till everyone gets better switch to paper plates and cups and utensils and that would cut down on dirty dishes, Remember things happen and the house can wait till everyone better. Just do what you can one day and one chore at a time. IF just the flu then things should get better soon I hope for you.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I still do everything around the house including taking care of everyone else, husband just goes to bed and acts like a big baby the entire time he is sick and thinks everyone needs to wait on him
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2011