SO MY MOTHER..

ALRIGHT SO I'VE BEEN POSTING ALOT BOUT CHRISTMAS BCUZ I'M UBER EXCITED! :D HOWEVER MY MOM MAD ME MAD ABOUT CHRISTMAS THIS VERY MORNING. WELL SEE MYS SONS B-DAY IS ON THE 29TH OF THIS MONTH, SO I TOLD HER WERE GOING TO BUY HIM A BIKE. SHE SAID OK, I DONT KNOW WHAT WHAT WERE GETTING HIM YET, WELL I TALK TO HER THIS MORNING AND THEY BOUGHT THE BIKE!! I WAS LIKE FINE, THEN I'LL GET HIM WHAT I WAS THINKING OF GETTING HIM FOR CHRISTMAS WHICH IS THE V-TECH COMPUTER THING, SHE SAID DONTWORRY BOUT IT, WE ALREADY DID.. WHY WOULD SHE DO THIS TO ME?? NOW I GOT TO START ALL OVER AND THINK BOUT WHAT TO GET OUR CHILD! HOW DO I TELL HER NICELY THAT SHE MADE ME MAD!?
IS THAT A REASON TO BE MAD AT HER BOUT? OR SHOULD I LET IT GO?

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• Sounds like she is trying to buy his love. Be honest with your Mom and tell her that present poaching isnt nice and it upset you and if she wants to go in on something together that would be better than her stealing all your ideas.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• MAYBE SHE DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO GET HIM SO SHE TOOK YOUR IDEA.. NEXT TIME DONT TELL HER WHAT YOUR GETTING HIM..
    Anonymous

• My parents both died when I was young, before I got married and had kids. I wish I had a mother who would buy my daughter something as nice as that.

Unfortunately, I've never had this problem.

With the bike and v-tech money, buy him a Wi or an X-box. If you have one of them, get him gitar hero or something.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 6:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I wish I could have that problem, my mom has health issues and cant work very much. It would make it so much easier.
    Anonymous

• Oh I forgot, maybe for some reason she thinks she is saving you money by buying it. Just ask her
    Anonymous

• My friend's in-laws do the same thing. Like they're trying to get the best gift. She has just finally stopped telling them what she's getting the kids for bdays and holidays and resorted to telling them JUST what is on his wishlist. She leaves out the things she buys altogether so there's no way they'll beat her to it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Instead of getting angry, look at it from her point of view. My parents did this with my sons up until my dad died a few years ago. It wasn't them trying to "one up" me in the gift giving, it was a loving Grandad and Gramma who simply couldn't do enough for their grandbabies. Appreciate the fact that your mom loves your kid as much as she does and let her spoil your child. There will come a time when you look back fondly on this. She sounds lovely, allow her to be a Grandma and since she can afford to do this, let it be!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 9:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2008