I cant get my six month old to eat solids without a struggle ...should i keep at it or give up?

its been two months now and hes not backing down. Ive tried mix cereal different ways, added fruit added veggies got rid of cereal with no avail...

starfire218

Asked by starfire218 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Food & Drink

• My second baby was hard to start on solids...I just kept offering it (as aggrvating as it was) and eventually she learned to like it. Try some really sweet fruit to start....just to peak his interest, maybe pears or apples? Just a sugestion? Keep trying ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• If his weight is OK without the food and he is sleeping fine, then I'd say hold off for now and offer it later. Your pediatrician should give you good advice on this.

Answer by Bmat at 6:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Back off, try later. There's no rush.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• your suppose to introduce a spoon by 6 months or you'll have troubles in the future id keep trying and if it doesnt work let him help i know it might make a mess but i let my 5 month old help and she is doing great with a spoon now
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 9:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• breastmilk or formula? makes a dif I think. if breastmilk, you can back off, as it is nutritionally complete as long as it is freely available. I just let my kids eat w/ us at the table, on my lap, and they either nursed, or sat up and grabbed my food. I have all good eaters. None too skinny or chubby. I believe eating should be enjoyable for the whole family, and no child will starve themselves. so save yourself the struggles, and ease up. Most of my kids didn't start to eat seriously until after one year.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 1:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2008