How do you tell someone you love them without smothering them especially if they have been hurt?

What if you two have personal issues but you want to be together, but you both are scared of being hurt on top of family issues and we lost a baby in november. I do not know what to do to make it better the problems are nothing major it just about time and trying to still be there for each other I really need help with this guys because I really love him.

newmama27

Asked by newmama27 at 11:16 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• write a letter. I would lay it all out on the line, and let him know that you need to know/feel loved as well. Good luck!
    Sorry to hear about your loss xoxoxo
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:18 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I wouldn't tell him again since you probably already told him a million times so he knows it. I'd just show him but still give him space so he didn't feel smothered.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:31 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Go to counselling together and get your issues worked out....if you don't there will be big problems down the road....don't make each other pay for the hurts that were inflicted by others...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I am sorry to hear about your loss. I agree w/Anna92464!!!
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 12:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I guess just tell him you love him
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Communications ! I am very sorry for your loss but just keep giving him the same love you all gave each other in the first place. Talk and allow him to know what you are thinking and keep the lines of communication open.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 1:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• You do not always get what you want. Love him truly deep in your heart. Solve your personal issues. He may be there at the end. Or he may not. It could be that you are just not meant to be together.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 6:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• ok take all the love you feel for him for the day and store it in your sex chakra and it will all be built up by the end of the day, so much you will want to please him. you can tell, in fact never hold back but dont show and tell at the same time, thats when it gets over the top. save all your public affections for later until you can express it at home with your body not your words
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 3:54 AM on Feb. 20, 2011