Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 Bumps

My husband hates me

And I can't blame him. what do you ladies do when you have zero sex drive? Should I get checked by a doctor to see what my hormones look like or just swing with never feeling sexy and or turned on? Only one in a BLUE MOON do I get that wonderful ectasy feeling.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (25)
  • I actually told him to go ahead and get some from somewhere

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

  • OMGosh, why let him sleep with someone else?

    Make an appointment with your doctor! Sheesh

    Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

  • I know that feeling. Make sure you take care of yourself. If you dont feel good about yourself you wont feel sexy or be in the mood. Maybe a long bath, get your hair done, maybe give yourself a mani/pedi. Or buy yourself a special perfume that you like that will be your "in the mood" perfume.
    I doubt very much that your husband hates you though.

    Answer by csmsand at 11:25 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

  • You actually CAN blame him. Marriage is more than sex. YOU provide more than sex. If your drive is a problem, you can talk to the doctor . . . it very well could be hormonal.
    By the way, most husband start to exhibit a drop-off of sexual interest or ability. It begins around age 40. A lot of them will be compoletely unable to at 65, 70, and on. Are we going to hate them for the rest of our retirement?
    No. because marriage is more than that.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:25 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

  • Why can't you just let him "get some" from you even if you're not in the mood? Then see a doc if you're truly worried.

    Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:25 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

  • I think they have a pill for women you know what's causing the issue? Is it weight? Just had a baby? Sex is very important part of a healthy marriage...I think anyway. You surely don't want him out getting some from someone else!!! lol

    Answer by RNC2005 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

  • Have a full checkup, including a complete blood count and vitamin and mineral panel done. There could be so many reasons this is happening with you, the important thing is to show your husband that you are working towards a solution. In the meanwhile, begin a good, open and honest dialogue with him regarding your feelings and his feelings. Do the best that both of you can to stay connected emotionally, and work on this situation together as a team.

    Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:28 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

  • Yes I'd see a doctor. It's probably just hormonal

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:30 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

  • I just give him some anyway. Just cause you do not want to. Does not mean you should not have sex.
    So you are saying if you are not in the mood. You never have sex?
    I might not be in the mood. But after starting the act. I get in the mood.

    Answer by louise2 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

  • I give it to him but I just dont enjoy it and so I dont inisiate it at all.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.