Damn car

I'm buying a car thast $340 a month and the darn thing is nice inside and out but somethings wrong with the transmision cause when I press on the gas just a little to go say at a light it clunks hard. And I noticed it was slugging this morning. Its past the due time when I can take the car back, and its bought as is. But this is bs the car wasnt doing that when I tested drove it. What are my rights? I think they need to fix the problem or sell me a different car.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• My husband is a mechanic and there is some stuff you can put into the transmission to make the fluid thicker so it will shift right for a bit so they can sell the car. Not sure if this happened or not. Maybe you could put something of that nature into it to make it get by? Transmissions are so expensive.

csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 11:35 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Have you checked the transmission fluid? Drive the car and get it warmed up, use all gears even reverse and then check the fluid. Check your owners manual to find out what kind of fluid it gets and add some if it needs it. If it still does it then take it in. It happens again shortly after you add fluid you may have a leak..take it in..Maybe have a certified mechanic check it out for you if the dealership wont to it for you or just to have a 2nd opinion with documented repairs needed. You should have a warranty that covers the repairs for transmission...and should replace the transmission if it needs it.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:42 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Other than a home, you should pay cash for items that you need.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Read the following article. Buying a Used Car

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Did you check your states lemon laws? It might be past the time that you can return it with buyers remorse, but sometimes you can return it if the car they sold you is a lemon. Good luck!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• you bought the car as-is right? Not a damn thing you can do about it.....thats why I bought our new/used truck with a warranty.....get your car to a mechanic and see what its gonna cost to fix......
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 8:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2011