What is your favorite Wine?

Tell me about it. What color, how much is it, what flavor does it have, what kinds of food is it best with, who makes it, what year is it....???

Momforhealth

Asked by Momforhealth at 11:35 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Food & Drink

• i am not a wine snob at all....i love most sweeter wines, champagne, pino gris, chardonnay, ect...
    mostly, i associate a 'good wine' to a fun event with family or friends. to me, that's what makes it 'good'.
    the year, the cost, no matter...

liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 11:38 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I don't have a specific brand really but I prefer red over white and shiraz or merlot (or a blend including either of those) over anything else. :)

Australian wines are where I tend to gravitate. Rosemount and Lindemans are my most frequent purchases due to consistency and price. I like those wines because they aren't too dry making them a nice drinking wine. They tend to be rich but fruity. A lovely pork loin or pasta dish goes fabulously with it. Truthfully, I never look at the year. :)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 11:40 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• You might not like what I like. You need to learn what you like. Start going to (free) wine tastings:  http://www.localwineevents.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 12:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• merlot,and champane
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Living as close as we do to the Napa Valley, we've been fortunate to do a lot of wine tasting and actually have wine of the month memberships with three different wineries.

My favorite is called Rubiyat by Cakebread. Rubiyat is a blend of 76% Pinot Noir, 16% Syrah, 7% Zinfandel and 1% Petite Sirah and is typically only available for a few months each Spring, so we stock up! To my knowledge, you can't buy it in stores. It's only available from the winery itself or you can order it from their website: www.cakebread.com.

My husband and I also have a favorite sparkling wine from Mumm Winery (www.mummnapa.com), called Cuvee' M. We have it whenever we have a special occasion, but it's also a very light and refreshing wine to have in the summer.

Finally, for summer nights, there's a great white wine by V.Sattui called White Riesling (Formerly called "off dry") . www.vsattui.com
    5150mama

Answer by 5150mama at 1:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I love sweet white wines and my favorite is Relax Riesling. It is about $9.00. I drink it with any food as I do not like other types of wine.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Cakebread Cellars Chardonnay is one of favorites it goes well with fish,pork,chicken really anything.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2011