Recommendation for a good cat tower/tree?

Hiya y'all. I have 3 cats and 2 kids. I'm trying to find a good cat tower/tree where they can go to get away from the kids when they need or want to. The hitch I'm running into is the weight of my cats and if the tower will be stable enough. My "little" cat is about a year old and roughly 10 pounds. The other two, brothers, are 15ish pounds and 20ish pounds. They're NOT overweight, just BIG cats.

I'd like to find one that's at least 5 feet (60 inches) tall that has the shelf type things for sleeping places and maybe a little condo/box or two for hiding. Toys would be nice, but the only one that would play with them is the little one.

Any of y'all out there have a GREAT tower/tree that your bigger cats just love to pieces?

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 11:38 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Pets

• mine is called "the entertainment center" LOL

Seriously though, my Mom has one from Amarkat and likes it. Her cats are big cats to and over time Dad has had to tighten things up and add supports when things started to sag, but they've had it for 5 years.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• LOL angelm523 our entertainment center is about 2 feet tall. The nearly 4 year old is 3.5 feet tall. I did some serious snooping and asked Petco online sales rep and they recommended the one that my husband and I both liked the most.

Cat Tower <---click there to see it.

Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I second the Armarkat!! their trees/condos are extremely well made & sturdy. I have a cat tree from Armarkat that's 7ft tall, & have had it now for 4 yrs. Like one poster said it needs tightening up once in awhile, but it's in great shape after a lot of use & years. Their prices arent bad either; not when you compare them to the high priced junky & flimsy trees that Pe**o & Pet***rt sell. Plus that they usually have free shipping offers!! Go with Armarkat, you're cat will love it, & it's a wise buying choice.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 10:12 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Looks like I DID get an Amarkat, under the guise of PETCO blah blah blah.

Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Feb. 23, 2011