What does it mean when my daughter is seeing a "black bird" flying around her oldest brthers room? My daughter is 2 years old. She is VERY smart and is very detailed on the sightings of this bird. She says it flies from curtain to curtain and stares at her. Then disappears.

myamom1974

Asked by myamom1974 at 11:38 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• She may be experiencing a dark "floater". That is a moving dark spot in her field of vision. It may be time to get a referral to the optholomologist. NOT and optometrist, but an actual opthomologist. They will take alook at her eyes and make sure everything is okay.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:43 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• That she has a wonderful imagination? That she has a friend or protector? How old is she?
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Blackbird
    To see a blackbird in your dream, signifies a lack of motivation. You are not utilizing your full potential. Alternatively, it represents jealousy, lust or temptation. (**from dreemmoods.com***)

but if she is awake, literally seeing a black bird? is it at night? i used to think i saw black blob-like things floating in my room at night, and thought of them as demon trying to scare me. is it during the day? do you think she's bustin' your chops? if not, maybe she needs to seek counseling. hth xo
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It does like it could be a floater if shes young and would describe it that way.

Are you wondering if she has some sort of supernatural gift?
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:44 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• In some cultures black birds or ravens are bringers of knowledge. They can also be deceivers and tricksters.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• could be a lot of things, but she may just be gifted.

I never saw much when I was growing up, but had many dreams of relatives coming to see me and would tell me things that my mom confirmed as true. My brother would see a lot of things, nothing that purple dragons or things like that, but relatives that has passes and so on.
    he's a healer now. I've seen him cut himself, put his hand on it for about a minute, then suddenly it's heal up about 3 days time.

I used to get in trouble all the time for knowing things I wasn't supposed to know, if someone comes in the room and I don't turn around I know who it is because people feel different to me just like they look and sound different.

I think your daughter may just be gifted. That and kids can often sense things they may nor may not sense as adults.

I personally wouldn't worry about it too much, but I would let her talk about it.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It could be her brother's animal guide or totem animal. Or it could be hers. It depends on the nature of the boy. Is he mischievious but smart? This is a characteristic that black birds carry. They symbolize free spirits, those who "fly" above others with their imaginations. In mystic traditions the color black, itself, is a color of protection, even tho many people are afraid of this color and associate it with evil. You don't say what age your daughter is, but young children can see spirit beings quite easily. If you encourage her to describe her visions to you, she may be able to keep her psychic gifts into adulthood. I was not believed as a psychic child, and I now have to work to regain some of those gifts because the teasing of adults destroyed them. Have her eyes checked, of course, but know that she IS describing what she really sees.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I don't believe she has a gift, but that most child have the minds that are still open enough to see more things than adults. I don't know much about seeing animals, but Itsme and witchqueen seem to have that down. I agree to listen and not to tell her she's wrong - or just seeing things. The other night I was brushing my son's teeth and he looked up at said "there's grandpa!", I told him to wave hi to him. Although I'm still wondering who's grandpa it was since both his grandpa's are alive.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I would say she is seeing into the spiritual realm. There was a story of a child who kept describing angelic beings as birds but they were actually angels, the child was using the language she knew to describe what she saw. In this case your daughter is describing a being.... since it is black its not an angelic being from Heaven. You did not state what you believe but if you are a Christian you have the authority to tell the thing to leave.. so does your daughter but do it together and use the name of Jesus.

I have to wonder why people are so quick to say its a medical condition... that is the third or so time I have seen someone quickly dismiss the supernatural and say its a floater and take her to the doctor.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I have to wonder why people are so quick to say its a medical condition... that is the third or so time I have seen someone quickly dismiss the supernatural and say its a floater and take her to the doctor.
    _________________________________
    While I believe in the spiritual realm, I'd rather rule out a medical condition first. If the doctor doesn't find anything, then I will chalk it up to the spirtitual realm and have no problem with that.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2011