What is the best way to freeze strawberries and other fruit? What do you freeze them in…do you wash before or after you have thawed them. What kinds do you freeze?

cubby15

Asked by cubby15 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Food & Drink

• i've frozen strawberries before I wash them before i freeze, i put them in a big zip lock bag, and when i thawed them out i washed them after.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 3:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I do the same thing plus I gently squeeze out the air before I zip it shut. Freezer bage work best and you can do this to any berry, even sliced fresh peaches.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• WHEN I FREEZE STRAWBERRIES I WASH THEM,CUT THE TOPS OFF AND PUT THEM IN A ZIPLOC. BERRIES,PEACHES&MANGOS ARE GOOD TO FREEZE TOO. (JUST WASH AND PEEL OUT SIDES IF THEY HAVE THEM.CUTTING FRUIT TO A SMALLER SIZE IS ALSO GOOD.):) ~KAY
    KAYOCHOA

Answer by KAYOCHOA at 7:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2008