I feel like screaming . everytime i have ever gone to therapy the person is always watching the clock

im leading the conversation. i need therapy but i have had such a bad experience with it.. and im talking about like 5 therapists in 4 yrs. sometimes i wonder was therapy really worth the money i paied. plus im afraid if i explain how angry i really feel the therapist will judge me. its like there is ok things to say and not ok things to say. right now i going to try another route. therapy for FREE at a church near by. i think going to a pastor and knowing the pastor is NOT getting paied to listen to me will help. plus prayer is my main line of diffence againest getting angry. its strange how something small can blow up bc the orignal feelings are ignored. WHen i get angry most of the time im either really feeling afraid or rejected. this is why i think prayer helps bc the more i pray the less afraid i am. Please pray for me and pray i find a good pastor to talk to.. thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• i will pray for you...
    perhaps this was God's way of getting you to your pastor, who may be the one to guide you in the right direction in how to move forward in how you feel & react to the issues at had. best...xo
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 12:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I think you are really onto something here! I do wish you the best in finding help.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Good luck! I hope you find what you need.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It is always okay to tell a therapist when something is upsetting you. The therapist should not get offended. It is YOUR hour. If they do, find another one.
    I am a therapist myself, and I can't stand it when I hear some of the things that other therapists do.
    YOU are the consumer, and you can shop around until you find a place where you feel respected. Don't feel stuck or let anyone make you feel guilty about it.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i have been to two and both have dismissed me after THEY felt i was fine.....i didnt feel fine but was dismissed so i could either start over with a new person or just give up....i choose to give up thearpy
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Ok but if you go back to therapy tell them to not watch the clock. It's rude. You are paying for their time. You are the boss.Would a boss at work want you watching the clock instead of concentrating on work? Nope. You have the right to speak your mind. Better yet, turn their clock around! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 12:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• The best therapy I've ever had is from God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The most life-transforming things have happened since I have been born again, developed a time for Bible study, found a church family and began dwelling in the word of God. I did try therapy once and have had an experience similar to the one you described. I gave up on it after several months. I was able to compare it to what was happening in my life spiritually and there was no comparison. The Bible is truly a book for life.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 3:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I hope that you can find a pastor to talk to that will help you to feel at ease. Most of the healing depends on surrendering those things that you feel are "not okay" to discuss. Confess them to God and ask forgiveness and healing of those things and then those areas will not be so sore around others.

Matthew 11:28-30
    Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 3:35 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I went to therapy with my ex husband. I found it extremely helpful - it didn't keep my marriage together, but I continued to go even after my ex stopped. She was really good! It was someone who was recommended by the pastor at my church. It's a large church and he doesn't do ongoing therapy due to time restraints (he does premarital counseling), so they refer everyone who needs therapy to a couple of different therapists.

Answer by missanc at 8:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I wish you the best. Just keep in mind, the main reason therapists, in general, "watch the clock" is because they don't want to begin work on an issue that will be abruptly ended because the session is over. & they want to give enough time to process something without interuption. If a person is having a breakthrough, the therapist needs to find a way to give appropriate support & that is difficcult to do in a 50 minute span of time. Therapy is not easy work , for the most part, they watch the clock for your benefit. If the therapist didn't watch the clock with thier other patients, they'd be late for your appointments.My recommendation would be to talk to whichever therapist you use & let them know your feelings & come up with a compromise. Also, your feelings of being judged are most likely just projections & not based on the therapists actual feelings. But, only time & developing trust between you & your therapist can
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2011