I'm scared I might be going through a miscarriage, does anyone have a similar story?

According to my LMP, I am 7 weeks and four days. I started spotting 3 days ago, and it has gotten worse and bright red. I work at an OB office with my doctor so they gave me a sonogram and the yolk sac showed no baby, my doctor explained that the baby is measuring to be 4 weeks old and I either ovulated late, got my dates wrong, or the baby just stopped growing at 4 weeks and I'm starting the miscarriage which is why I am spotting. I also had intercourse recently which could be another reason for the spotting, but the fact that my baby isn't showing on the ultrasound yet and is measuring 3 weeks behind is what is scaring me. I am not experiencing any cramping or any abdominal pain or clots. She did take my blood and will have the results Monday, I am really scared and just wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had something similar, I started spotting so I went to the Dr and they did an ultrasound and he was worried because something didn't look right. A few days later I ended up having a miscarriage. Sorry I don't have better news for you but I hope that helps and everything turns out ok for you, good luck !
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I hope it's not, but it sounds like one may be starting. I had one at about 5 1/2 weeks. I started having a heavy period with clots (not a ton of cramping.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Yes, I had something similiar happen and I ended up having a miscarriage....I am so sorry....I hope yours isn't...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I had a miscarrige at 6 weeks. Sort of sounds like yours, started spotting, overnight it got worse. ( enough to soak a pad) sorry if TMI, but i went to the ER, and i had a miscarriage. I did not cramp, i didnt feel any phyisical pain. I was healthy and young, i know it upsetting. But i got pregnant 2 weeks later ( by accident) and now im 6 months pregant and so far everything has been fine. So dont worry that it might happen again.
    im sorry <3
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2011