Any moms going back to school?

I am 30, going back to college, haven't attended since 2004, but actually very excited about going. I never had the chance because I was single, working, and taking care of my kids. I did 1 year but couldn't handle it all so gave it up for awhile. I decided to go for elementary teaching because I love kids and enjoy working with them. Also, I am taking a substitute workshop next month so I can be getting experience and earn a little cash. Just wondered if any other moms had decided to go back and wanted to share.

ConnectHearts

Asked by ConnectHearts at 12:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• I graduated a little over a year ago. It was busy and each semester I had a moment where I just wanted to say to heck with it and quit. I didnt though. Not only was I going for the regular college curriculum I was also doing photo shoots on the side for my photography part of the diploma. It took tons of time and in the middle of my second semester I had a bad break up with my husband and had to move in with my mom in her very small home. There was lots of ups and downs, but it was also so fun and I would never trade it for the world!!

BluEyedCrazy

Answer by BluEyedCrazy at 1:35 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• That is Great and Im glad you kept going with it!!!
    ConnectHearts

Comment by ConnectHearts (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• That is super, Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have completed my Bachelor's, right during the birth of my son and we went to school together. There were days when he had to go with me, days when my classmates and I would swap out to take a test. It was very adventurous. Talk with your Professors and see how they feel about kids and network. You never know who's watching the kids in the dorm, while everyone else is in class! I am know starting my Master's, after 8 years; I am very excited as well. Keep up the good work and keep your eyes on the prize!!!!!!
    Shelley71603

Answer by Shelley71603 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Yep. I started back when my son turned 1. I still have about two years left.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I got my Masters in education when I was 22 and worked for 8 years as a counselor. I decided to go back to school to switch into school counseling specifically. So I've been enrolled full-time and I graduate in May. It's hard because I have a toddler and I'm pregnant with baby #2, but DH is very supportive and does a lot.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 8:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2011