Sore near genital on my baby...Any ideas???

So this morning I was changing my 4mos olds diaper and noticed that she had an open sore between her vagina and her thigh (the lip). It wasn't there yesterday and it strikingly resembles a mosquito bite that has been scratched. I've been with her all day for the past two days and she hasn't scratched down there while I've changed her diaper. I'm going to keep an eye on it and will continue to put desitin on it. Has this happened to your little one? Should I be worried? Obviously I'm going to take her to the dr if it persists.

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be a diaper rash since it sounds like its in her thigh where it gets moist. Try Gold Bond Baby Cornstarch. The other thing is she could have gotten bit by a small bug or spider.

If you see more or it enlarges Id get her in but otherwise just treat as a rash.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Keep with the diaper rash cream. If it doesn't clear up or gets worse, call the ped or go in. It could be yeast, so she will need some special cream.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2011