What would FDR think of Wisconsin?

"The process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service," Roosevelt wrote in 1937 to the National Federation of Federal Employees. Yes, public workers may demand fair treatment, wrote Roosevelt. But, he wrote, "I want to emphasize my conviction that militant tactics have no place" in the public sector. "A strike of public employees manifests nothing less than an intent on their part to prevent or obstruct the operations of Government."

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 12:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• "The process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service,"

Then add to it those public service employees are TEACHERS who have shut down schools...... WWFDRD? I see it as yet another WTF moment (and I don't mean winning the future) that will bite Dems in the arse!

Government workers~ DO NOT create profits.....  They demand MORE tax payer money... I read this and agree with it~ "Government collective bargaining means voters do not have the final say on public policy."

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I moved out of that state and I am so glad I did. Let's face it, what happens in that state revolves around the Packers.
    on 9-11 the top news story was a story on the Packers, and 9-11 was a side note.

I'm just happy I'm out of there.
    Anonymous

• I live in Wisconsin. kinda scary i think.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• He would be pissed that they gave them collective bargaining in the first place. He would be calling for an end to it.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I do believe that he would have a different take on this, given the circumstances.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:37 AM on Feb. 20, 2011