Anyone recycle? I started and it saves, helps, and isn't so hard.

I thought it would be so difficult before to recycle. My water company started sending recycle bins at first of the year, explained what to recycle, cut my trash down to half, and it helps. I wish I would have done it before but glad i started.

ConnectHearts

Asked by ConnectHearts at 12:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• It absolutely helps. If you do composting as well, removing your organic waste from your garbage you'll see another dramatic reduction in the garbage you put to the curb or bring to the landfill. Plus, you'll have the added benefit of rich soil for your garden. :)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 12:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i would if my town had a decent recycle program. all they give you is these tiny green tubs and then only come around every two weeks. now that little tub isnt going to hold two weeks worth of recycle and its got hole in the bottom so it leaks water from rinsing things off everywhere.
    i dont understand why they do that if they wanted us to recycle why not give us a big trash can type thing that most other towns and cities have. or at least come every week!
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Yep I fill two recycle bins a week, have my own compost pile and repurpose whatever I can
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I recycle and compost kitchen scraps. We have cut the amount we put out by half. In my town, you pay a basic rate plus have to buy bags which are either $1 for the 30-gallon size or 50 cents for the tall kitchen can size.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• we recycle as much as we can..our town even has a drop off site for recycle items
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• We recycle and there is so much less trash our garbage is full once a month.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• We recycle all that we can
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Yes, we typically put out more recycling than garbage for pick up day. We also compost our organic wastes, which further cuts down on what goes in the garbage.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I did when I was on NC on base. I loved it. Saved on trash and made me feel good to contribute. Then we moved and they don't recycle here. I am in apartment bldg. When we buy a house we will recycle again.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 21, 2011