Is it better to book travel plans way in advance or closer to the date?

We plan on doing overnight trip the last week in Mar. for spring break. we're going mid week so I know its cheaper then the weekend already. and I checked rates on Travelocity, I have gift card and have used then before many times. When I was checking a month ago rates were about a hundred dollars higher then when I checked last night, do you think If I wait a couple more weeks it will go down, or should I book soon to guarantee the room and hotel we want as well as the days. Its not a holiday week, or a major travel destination. we're just going to spend a 2 days in Seattle without kids and have dinner in a nice restaurant and hopefully stay at the Grands Hyatt. I made sure there were no major conventions or events going on the days we want to go.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 12:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Travel

• Itis better to book ahead of time. do not forget spring vacation is comming up.
    Donna1941

Answer by Donna1941 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Some sites will refund you the difference if the price changes between the booking and the stay. Is it Priceline? I am not sure.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• In my opinion, I think it is better to book way in advance otherwise you may get stuck and have to settle for less.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 10:35 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It's best to book at least 2 weeks in advance. Prices go up significantly within the two weeks of the date you want to travel. I usually book about a month in advance.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Always good to book ahead
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 9:06 AM on Feb. 20, 2011