How do you tell your hubby and your 4 year old son your having a miscarriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have a 5 year old son and I wouldn't try to explain to him a miscarriage.  My hub, I would just tell outright.  If my son asked where the baby is I would tell him with God. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• There is only one way, straight and to the point, now the 4 year old will have a harder time understanding, I am so sorry this is happening to you, hugs mama.

Answer by older at 12:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• your hub i would just come our and tell him yeah i wouldn't tell your son hes to young for that
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I take it your 4yr old knows you are pregnant...I would tell him the whole God thing, and my husband I would tell him as soon as something was a little off. You need his support to get through this!!
    RNC2005

Answer by RNC2005 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i am so sorry, i had a miscarriage and it is so hard. When i had it my husband was actucally out of town , and that made it a lot harder. But i called him and i told him, that i was bleeding and stuff. He was really upset, and it was very difficult. It is heartbreaking, but we have a angelbaby that we still love very much. We always will, that was our first child. But maybe if you had the baby it wouldnt have been healthy enough to live , thats the way i tried to see it. You will both have to be supportive of each other, its so hard. I got pregnant again 2 weeks later by accident. So maybe God has a differnt plan.
    <3
    hugs hugs hugs!
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to go through pregnancy loss.

I simply told my daughter that our baby died and went to Heaven. That only works if you believe in God, though. If you don't believe in God, maybe just tell your child that the baby passed away, and that you are very sad. Reassure your child that you still love him but you're still sad that his brother/sister won't be there with you.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 2:37 PM on Feb. 20, 2011