What are planning to use your tax refund for?

My kids need new dressers, and I want to go away to the beach for a few days during spring break and rest is going into savings.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 12:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• We already got ours.  We redid a few rooms in our house.  WHOO HOO, they seriously needed it, lol.  Our bills were caught up so we paid extra on all of them to give us a good lead on them.  My hub got some things he wanted, I got some things I wanted.  Redid the kids wardrobes.  We put new tires on our van.  We still have a little left that isn't really for "savings" just kinda sitting there. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• We already spent it. We got 2nd car.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• We are using some of it to redo four rooms in our house (adding to the property value), buying a new bed (desperately needed) and to buy my oldest a new carseat to harness her longer. Pay some bills and the rest in savings.
    mommy2aftan

Answer by mommy2aftan at 1:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I'm paying my divorce lawyer and paying off my credit card. Then I am buying new carpet for my family room and a sofa. It will feel good to be back on track again!
    eclecticgarden

Answer by eclecticgarden at 1:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I spent quite a bit already on clothes and shoes for my kids as well as stuff for the new baby. I also need to get a new camera before the baby is born (my toddler destroyed my other one). Probably a new Xbox 360 with the Kinect for my hubby and kids. Outdoor furniture for the kids to have a little play area on our upstairs balcony. After that probably save the rest for whatever we want.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• bills
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• private school tuition. the entire huge thing.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Pay off credit card, eye surgery and the rest will be for our honeymoon.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I have some medical bills that will be paid off, and I need to catch up on a couple utilities. My car needs new brakes, tires and a new timing belt. If there is anything left, DH and I plan to put as much as possible in savings but allow ourselves about $100 each of fun money.

After we pay off this amount of stuff, we will only have student loans and our home left! YAY!!!! And thank you Dave Ramsey for making us see the light!
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 2:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• We are only getting a couple hundred dollars, we will put it in savings.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2011