Pre-labor warning?

Will my body let me know I'm going into labor a few days before? I don't know if this is a dumb question but this is my first pregnancy and I want to know if when that big day is coming around the corner will I know a few days in advance? Or does your body do things that let you know? I'm 8 months and 2 weeks, I may come way before my due date and my body could be telling me signs.. So if anyone knows of some I'd love to hear them! Pre-labor warning signs? lol :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had no idea! My water broke, and I thought I was just peeing! It took me FOURTEEN HOURS to figure it out! LOL
    This is coming from a MIDWIFERY student! LOL You'd think I'd have figured it out!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• LOL, that's insane.. Well how did you know 14 hours later? LOL
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I was peeing just as much as I normally do, but I was filling a maxi pad every 20 minutes or so. The fluid was clear, and eventually turned pink, so I sniffed it (gross, I know, but I knew what amniotic fluid smelled like), and it was sweet, so I FINALLY figured it out! I think I was in denial before that, like, "I'm NEVER going into labor; I'll be pregnant forever."
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Oh my darling!!!!!!! Will it? Yes it will! It will be funny because the pains may come in segments; but on the other hand, they could feel like regular discomfort and then all of a sudden get Level 3 worse. Just always be prepared at all times. Pack your hospital bag now! And place it in the car so whenever you are ready; you are truly ready. LOL
    Make sure you pack your bag because you know what you want to look like after you give birth and you know what you want your baby to look like and have. Avon has some stress mark recovery cream that you should start using to help with the recovery stages of pregnancy. Hope this helps! You will be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Youravon.com/stidwell
    Shelley71603

Answer by Shelley71603 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• well i know i had no idea never had back labor but when i started having contractions i didnt know they were and just thought i had really bad gas pains or that crampy sharp squeeze her ass your going to poop your pants type pains and thought i might be having a stomache bug comming on and i needed to go poop with nothing comming. only to find out later that i was 5 cm at my doc appt later that day.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Im in the same boat as you my 1st son was c-section and i had no contractions or nothing now i do and i think im going into labor all the time lol so i think for me its hard to tell because all the pain i already get but im 38 weeks and 4 days so i think pain is just normal lol
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It is different for everyone. I have several friends that said that they could tell that they were close. With my pregnancy I had no warning. I just knew that my due date was near and if things didn't start happening soon I would be going in for induction. I felt just the same the day I went into labor as I did the weeks prior to it. I went to a festival that they hold every year in a town near mine and when we got home I sat on the couch for a bit and my water broke. My husband was actually about to leave to go hang out with some friends for dinner and I was going to stay home and rest for a bit. Needless to say that didn't happen!!!
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• girl im not sure this is my first and i am 7 months almost 8 so thats a really good question that will help the both of us lol
    ProudMommy693

Answer by ProudMommy693 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• There can be signs but I was not aware of baby coming until that day. You naturally know it is getting closer but you more than likely will not sit up in bed and say baby will be here in 2 days I better get ready. My 1st had me sitting up in bed saying hun my water just broke. My 2nd I was on bedrest from preterm labor but did not go back to work with I was in the clear and I was working at home when the pressure got worse and worse and my hun got home from work and I told him lets go.

Knowing is different for everyone. For me it was the pressure along with the strong contractions. Contractions are tightening of the belly that usually take your breath way and can make your belly a weird shape. They come in regular intervals, last about 1.5 min in length and do not slow down or stop when resting.

Good luck, let me know if you have other questions.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2011