How childish...........

so last night dh was being really annoying (he does this alot) but he kept messing with me finally i started to ignore him so he started messing with the dog (we have a very large doberman) well the dog wasnt having it either he jumped up and started growling and barking like i have never seen him do before. i grabbed the dog and made him lay down and i yelled at hubby to just lay down go to sleep and leave everyone alone. he got mad cuz i yelled at him and not the dog and he went and slept on the couch. omg are we five? so my question is should i have disciplined he dog even though hubby was instigating the whole situation

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Pets

• You did discipline the dog. You made him lay down and that's discipline for a dog. Was he on medication or something? My dad acts that way with a certain prescription his doctor used to give him. He sent my sister to her room because she didn't want to be tickled during dinner! Of course once it wore off he apologized. But if he always acts this way you need to sit him down and tell him that he's upsetting everyone and that it's okay to play and mess around sometimes, he has to know when he's gone too far into bully territory.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 1:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I wouldn't have disciplined the dog for reacting to being provoked. Your husband has issues.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I wouldn't have.  And yes I agree, he was being very childish.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I think you did well. agree with MamaStuart.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• You had to let the dog know even though he was instigated or he may do it later. So I understand not wanting too and it wasn't the dogs' fault but you weren't wrong for that. I would try to talk to your husband and hopefully it will calm down and become better. We all have our bad days so maybe he was just having one himself. I don't know. I wish you the best of luck. I don't see where you could of done much different than what you did.
    ConnectHearts

Answer by ConnectHearts at 1:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2011